Mixed-media paper crafter; stamper, freelance craft tutor, designer of PaperArtsy JOFY stamps

5 February 2018

JoFY Bingo Wk.4


This week's bingo draw has thrown another festive curve ball...
I planned a triptych for this week's bingo and started with 3 plain pieces of card (7.5x12.5cm) connected on the reverse with tape to keep them together while I worked on them.

I coloured the background with Distress Oxide inks (Picked Raspberry and Carved Pumpkin) (making sure each card had both colours) and splashed them with water to break up the background.

I stamped the swirly border from JOFY40 in Picked Raspberry and the words from JOFY31 in black Archival.

I spritzed the flower image from JOFY31 with water and stamped on each card - this removes some of the colour.

I dried the cards and created 'flowers' by stamping the circles (JOFY31) in Versamark and embossed them with white powder - I did this rather than stamping in white because sometimes the Distress Ink can bleed into wet layers.

I stamped a heart on each card using black Archival. I wanted to make more of a feature of the circle 'flowers' and so painted water inside the image to lift the colour.

To make them look more flowerlike I drew stalks and grasses using a white pen.

I wanted to have words on each card so used the block words on JM40 - once removed from the phrase they could be used in lots more situations...

The hearts were made more solid by colouring with a pencil, & I added hanging threads to each one.  Small hearts were punched from card and added (with 3d foam) to the big hearts to cover some of the stars making them less christmassy.

I separated the cards and attached them to a white backing panel - this makes them looks crisp and the colours really pop!


I really like working with Distress inks - especially the Distress Oxides - and a pink and orange colour scheme makes me happy!!

Now its your turn - I hope you can join in this week and if you can here's what you need to know!:
:o)

The numbers are drawn on Monday, along with a project I've made using the corresponding stamp sets, then the plan is to:
  • Use/combine 2 stamp sets (use only those stamp sets - not all the stamps in each set - that would be too much of an ask but as long as there are one or two stamps from each set then its OK!)
  • 7 days to create 1 project, makers choice:  cards... atc... journal page... dimensional project... tag...
  • Use any paints/media, colours, embellishments, stencils/masks
  • Load up your project to Instagram any time during the week.  Please use Instagram links #jofybingo and @jofyjo in the text (not 'tagging' me please) so I can find it :o)
If you don't have an Instagram account you can add your make in the comments on the Facebook post linked to this blog post (facebook links:  https://www.facebook.com/JoFY.JoFirthYoung/ or https://www.facebook.com/jo.firthyoung )
    I hope you can join in - I look forward to seeing what you create!

    Share:

    5 comments

    1. So pretty Jo, another inspiring creation. Ruth x

      ReplyDelete
    2. Wonderful! I have most of these stamps too, will try harder to join in !

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks Helen - I hope you can join in - I'd love to see what you make! :o))
        x

        Delete
    3. Love this gorgeous triptych! Only have a few JOFY stamp sets to date but if any of my numbers do come up together I will definitely try and join in. Thanks for the inspiration Jo! Stef x

      ReplyDelete

    Blogger Template Created by pipdig